Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The future


Always getting urges to blog when I'm already in bed so nowadays my PlainText app is definitely proving its reliability.
I'm on my 3rd week of school for the trimester and it is going to be my final trimester which means I'm only left with 10 weeks of school. TEN. TEN FREAKING WEEKS. I mean I know that's equivalent to 2 months plus but do you see how fast this is?! I am not looking forward to it at all. Sure, school's a bitch and my assignments are such a chore but hey, that's student life and right now, student > full fledged working adult. I just can't. Urgh.
While we were hanging out, me, J, E and P was talking about whether we'll stay in contact or we'll just not see each other for the three months before our official graduation. And this is one of the reason why I am not looking forward to ending school. How many friends have I kept in touch and met regularly from Secondary school? None. What about my classmates from Polytechnic? Currently: ZERO. Do you see my drift here? How if after August I am back to square one? With no friends at all? Although we agreed that me, J and E will definitely hang out. I mean like darts and pool at Beer Market? Hell, yeah anytime man. With P, it depends on whether she's staying in Singapore. 
Though it has only been 2 weeks of school, I really feel so much closer to some of my classmates now. Partly because my schedule for work sucks so I am pretty much free all the time to hang out after school. Highlight of first week was karaokeing with J, S and R. It was a super long day that day (8.30am-6pm classes) but in the spirit of karaoke we pressed on. Even sacrificing proper dinner to make sure that we reach at 7pm. And we sang for more than 4h. 
The highlight of the 2nd week was spending like 12h with mainly J and E. We watched Bad Neighbours (which was pretty funny and there's Lisa Kudrow *inserts emoji with hearts as eyes*) along with Z. And then we four went to hunt for P's workplace which is this cafe near arab street. We had dinner and chilled there while waiting for P to end work. And then Z had to leave to meet his girlfriend but the night was still young so the rest of us went to Arab Street to hang out. The boys ordered a beer tower (fucking huge and alot wtf) and we were just talking. It's amazing how there's so much to share and how we're all so different in so many ways. P left at 1ish since she has work at 9. The rest of us stayed till 3.30am. And that's how I ended up spending 12h with J and E. I don't really use labels but they are my current bros and we can just click and talk nonsense. Okay mainly me talking nonsense and they will just look at me with 'What the fuck are you talking about' face half the time. But I don't care. 
Assignments are starting to pile up and I'm totally not looking forward for it and I might have chosen wrong dates for my presentation but heck I can do this. I'm aiming for all Distinctions this trimester. End it off with a bang yo. 
Ending school, starting work, fending for myself. I'm going to be 23 this year. This is all part and parcel of growing up and I have to learn to deal with this. 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment