Thursday, July 28, 2011

You don't mess with the best


2NE1's new song is out and I'm loving it very much. Though Lonely remains as my ultimate favourite but this is definitely in my Top 10 :)

Check out the MV:


Although I wished the MV was better but I'm loving the outfits. Their style is my ultimate favourite. I haven't got around to blogging the whole process of me totally hating them (I did!) and now loving (only) 2NE1 because it will take me forever to gather the sources and recall everything. So this is 10 reasons why I love them:

1) You just won't know what to expect from them. Its like one moment its some noisy electronic song and the next its pop rock and the next ballad. Its amazing how talented Teddy is and how versatile the girls are.

2) Their style is no joke at all. One leggings can cost 100USD. And plus they look amazing in anything. No matter how weird it looks like on its own. They rock whatever they wear.

3) They don't have to rely on looks to get where they are now. I swear I bashed them like mad when they first came out. I'm like wtf they're so ugly! But so what if they are. They've got talent and they've got swag :) Even though now I admit that they're not as ugly as I think they are. I was just at my extreme superficial point then.

4) Awards are just bonus to them. I think all of the people in YG attends brainwash classes to tell them that awards aren't everything. Seriously, they perform because they love to and they're happy when they win awards. But YG himself don't care about them. Why on earth would he release four songs as singles knowing that there's no way they can win on music shows without album sales? Except for Inkigayo.

5) Each member is unique. I'm a fan of Dara. Still am but I've learnt to love all four of them. And all of them stands out. A lot of groups nowadays only have certain members that stands out. These people makes the group known. But not 2NE1. Dara is known for her dorky ways and her constant updates on her me2day. And of course her famous past and her fanboys. Bom is known for her unique vocals, her weird antics, diet and her figure. CL is known for her charisma, stage presence and the bad ass leader. Minzy is the maknae, who's maturing fast and an amazing dancer.

6) They stay out of the limelight yet they're so damn famous. They don't go to variety shows. The shows they've been in can be counted with the fingers. And when they do go, they entertain with their awkward yet entertaining ways. They don't have to try so hard, they just stand out.

7) They don't have to expose themselves to be sexy and a force to be reckoned with. I mean seriously, they are practically the most covered idols out there. Only Bom wears those short dresses. Other than that nothing much.

8) Have to bear in mind that they are rookies and they debut 2 years ago only. Even then, their debut was explosive. Watch them here. (Embedding is disabled for god knows what reason) The best ever debut performance up to date.

9) They don't rush comebacks, they sometimes infuriates the fans with the wait. Yes this is true but it just increases the anticipation. But every time they do, they don't disappoint. Their comeback was 1 year after their debut. 1 freaking long year. And yeah, they lose fans along the way but that's the thing they don't really care. They are happy with their fans, whoever and how many there are.

10) Who else can style their hair weirdly, wear weird and loud clothes, dance very little and not very syncronised with each other (compared to others), doesn't sound awesome in MR Removed videos where there's dancing but are just amazing singers who can't sing and dance so much at the same time, doesn't have to worry about dancing and prancing around on stage with heels because they're wearing sneakers and is just plain awesome?

My Top 10 favourites:
1) Lonely 2) In the Club 3) It Hurts 4) Don't Cry 5) Go Away 6) Hate You 
7) Ugly 8) Love is Ouch 9) Don't Stop the Music 10) You and I

The rest are as follows:
Lollipop, I am the Best, Kiss, Clap your Hands, Please Don't Go, Stay Together,
I'm Busy, I Don't Care (Raggae Mix), Let's go Party, Pretty Boy, Try to Copy Me,
I Don't Care, Can't Nobody, Can't Nobody (English), Fire

Yeah I hate their debut song. Oh the irony.

I find myself kind of affected with the hating that they're getting from their song. Even my own friend thinks so and its saddening really. They are not ugly and the lyrics are supposed to be meaningful. Not everyone is born pretty in this world. I've got to admit, I've always thought I'm ugly. And seriously, you don't like then just fuck off and keep your comments to yourself. Those haters are annoying. Whoever say that Park Bom and Sandare Park is ugly seriously needs to get their eyes checked. CL and Minzy's prettiness doesn't really show but they are >:(

Oh well, I guess I have to accept that everyone have different tastes and well, good looking people are appealing.

Will blog again later on how I spend my Wednesday :) I will not spoil my 2NE1 post.

No comments:

Post a Comment