Saturday, May 31, 2014

Daisies


Never been a flower person my whole life. I've always thought that giving flowers is the stupidest thing ever. They die, and you're left with nothing. So what's the point? I'd rather receive fake flowers or good old chocolates anytime. Maybe because I have little or none romantic side at all but yeah I don't think I'll ever overcome it.

Recently though, I came across tumblr posts on the types of flowers and such and it made me think. If there is one flower that I have to choose, it will be daisies. I used to think that sunflowers are the best kind of flower cuz they're huge and all but now I like daisies. No idea why, I just like the look of it. Although come to think of it, it sort of look like a miniature sunflower doesn't it?

Everything dies, even beautiful things in the world. And one day, we will too.

To love.
To be loved.
To never forget your own insignificance.
To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you.
To seek joy in the saddest place.
To pursue beauty to its lair.
To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple.
To respect strength, never power.

Above all, to watch.
To try and understand.
To never look away

And never, never to forget.

- Arundhati Roy

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment