Friday, January 24, 2014

Easy comfort isn't comforting


Finally had time to sit down and have a few hours of free time to read a book. Trust me, finding time off nowadays is extremely difficult. So anyway, I read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Read a lot of reviews on it and been wanting to read it for the longest time ever.

And I must say, the book did not disappoint at all.

Its heart wrenching, beautiful, touching and relatable. You know how when a misfortune happens and people say that everything will be okay? Well, not all the time. And saying that to someone does not deviate it away from the truth of reality. This book shows exactly that. At the end of the day, we all die.

'That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt.'

The sufferings we had will end in the end. It doesn't matter whether we fought hard or have survived for years, death happens. And it might not be a beautiful death (let's face it, deaths are tragic. I have no idea why they say there's beauty in death) but as long as you have lived your life to the fullest and appreciate the beauty of life, death is just an end in your life race.

Despite the tragic love story, I love the book. Its real. I've always fear death. But now I realised, I have time, I have choices. These people they have no time. Their end of life is way nearer than they can ever imagine.

I have to find time to read more books. Maybe an off day each week just to stay home and read a book sounds good.

'There will come a time when there are no human beings remaining to remember that anyone ever existed or that our species ever did anything. Everything that we did and built and wrote and thought and discovered will be forgotten and all of this will have been naught.'

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment